Tips for projects in the Competent Communication ManualEdit
Tips for meeting roles Edit
Advanced Communication tipsEdit
Are you planning how you will fulfill your Advanced Communicator Bronze, Silver, or Gold? See the article Advanced Communication Series for a listing of the 15 manuals used in the advanced Communication Track. Each of the manuals has its own article in this wiki describing each of the five projects in the manual.
Be a More Effective SpeakerEdit
- Speaking Hints
- structure your speech
- How to choose a topic for your speech
- Using humour in speaking
- How to win competitions
- How the mentor / protégé relationship works.
Resources for Speakers Edit
Here are some links to websites—Toastmasters and otherwise—that are a wonderful resource for speakers. Please update them as you find more resources.
- District 70 Toastmasters Resources for Speakers—Links to jokes, inspirational content, speakers newsletters, and other resources (such as Roget's thesaurus).
- Craig Speaks — published articles on communication. Lots of tips for sales people, remembering names, cold calling, as well as building rapport and listening skills.
- The Roseville Area Toastmasters — has a page of links to resources on other district web sites. They also have Toastmaster Enthusiasts — a section of prominent people who have pages promoting Toastmasters.
- District 49 Resources — outlines of the manuals, including the ATM manuals in PDF format.
Following is a list of all the pages in this wiki that have to do with being a better speaker. To add a page to this list, go to the page and put this link on it: [[Category:Speaking]]. The page is added automatically, and you'll find it listed here.
Pages in category "Speaking"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.