A manual in the Advanced Communication Series, containing information about impromptu talks, preparing inspirational speeches, selling a product, reading out loud, and introducing a speaker.
|Time 5–7 minutes|
- Understand how to prepare for impromptu speaking.
- Develop skill in the impromptu situation by using one or more patterns.
|Time 8–10 minutes|
- Identify and understand the basic differences and similarities between inspirational speeches and other kinds of speeches.
- Learn how to evaluate audience feeling and establish emotional rapport
- Develop a speech style and delivery that effectively expresses inspirational content by moving the audience to adopt your views.
|Time 10–12 minutes|
- Skilfully use four steps in a sales presentation: attention, interest, desire, action.
- Identify and promote a unique selling proposition in a sales presentation.
|Time 12–15 minutes|
- Arrive at an understanding of the elements that comprise oral interpretation and how it differs from preparing and giving a speech.
- Learn the preparation or planning techniques of effective interpretation.
- Learn the principles of presentation and develop skill in interpretive reading with regard to voice and body as instruments of communication.
|Time standard meeting time|
- Become more knowledgeable and skilled as a “master of ceremonies”.
“This article is a source of information about the various Toastmasters Advanced Speech Manuals...Advanced Speech Manuals
“Skilfully use four steps in a sales presentation: attention, interest, desire, action., Identify...Sell a Product
“Understand how to prepare for impromptu speaking., Develop skill in the impromptu situation by...Speak Off the Cuff
“Identify and understand the basic differences and similarities between inspirational speeches...Uplift the Spirit
“Arrive at an understanding of the elements that comprise oral interpretation and how it differs...Read Out Loud