When other people talk, do you listen to what they mean, or do you just hear what they say? Listening is a much more active skill than some may think. Effective listening requires certain techniques for receiving, organizing, and interpreting what has been said. This program will help you recognize and develop these skills.
|Time: 2½–3 hours|
- Developing skills in active listening
- Studying barriers to effective listening
- Identifying situations in which active listening is important
- Creating an awareness of the need for effective listening
- Learning how to avoid distractions
- Promoting listening readiness
- Eliminating hasty judgements when listening
- Practicing listening to understand
How To Listen Effectively (Catalog No. 242)
This page is a short or incomplete article known as a "stub". Please flesh it out a bit.
When you feel it is a complete article, please remove the Category tag (the bit in square brackets saying Category: Stub) as well bits in curly brackets that say "stub". You can see these things if you click on "edit".