The treasurer is the sixth-ranking club officer.
Outside of the club meetingEdit
- Prepare a budget to be approved by the executive committee and membership within one month of taking once;
- Provide the bank with a new signature card by Sept 1 / March 1;
- Prepare and send dues statements by August 15/ February 15;
- Collect and pay dues renewals to World Headquarters online by October 1 and April 1, and work with the vice president membership to contact members who have not paid dues;
- Submit new member applications and dues to World Headquarters within 48 hours after receipt or add new members online;
- Pay bills as due;
- Keep records of all financial transactions;
- Present verbal and written financial reports quarterly (October 15, January 15, April 15, and July 15);
- Submit club accounts for audit;
- Attend club executive committee meetings;
- Attend district-sponsored club officer training;
- Arrange for a replacement if unable to attend meeting;
- Prepare successor for office.
At the club meetingEdit
- Receive completed new member applications and dues;
- Announce when dues are due and explain dues structure;
- Greet members and guests.
What to spend the club's money on Edit
Usually you ask for votes on what to spend the money on. We're running a Speechcraft at the moment. We'll probably spend the money on a domain name for the club and a couple of years’ hosting.
- You're not allowed to subsidise the TM International fees for your members
- You ARE allowed to subsidise the venue costs (if your venue charges)
- You are NOT allowed to give the cash to anybody on the committee—or in the club, no matter what services were rendered
- You are only allowed to spend the money on "Educational" materials.
-- 09:11, 14 Sep 2005 (UTC)
This page is a short or incomplete article known as a "stub". Please flesh it out a bit.
When you feel it is a complete article, please remove the Category tag (the bit in square brackets saying Category: Stub) as well bits in curly brackets that say "stub". You can see these things if you click on "edit".