Basic points in the use of the voice
- Speak up—Use enough volume to be heard by everyone in your audience. Train your voice so that it fills the room as well as sounding pleasant and natural.
- Speak clearly—Ensure that the beginning and ending sounds of each word are heard. Train your voice to improve your speed of delivery as well as your articulation.
- Speak expressively—Use pitch, volume, timbre, tempo, and pauses to convey and elicit emotion.
- Your Speaking Voice (Item 199, 24 pp, $4.00), included in the New Member Kit
- Vocal Variety, Project 6 in the Competent Communication Manual
- Speaking Hints
This page is a short or incomplete article known as a "stub". Please flesh it out a bit.
When you feel it is a complete article, please remove the Category tag (the bit in square brackets saying Category: Stub) as well bits in curly brackets that say "stub". You can see these things if you click on "edit".